Trash, Recycling and Bulk Collection
Trash and recycling collection is scheduled for Thursday. Collection (including Bulk will be moved to Friday if one of the following major Holidays occur on or before Thursday New Year's Day - Memorial Day - Independence Day - Labor Day - Thanksgiving Day - Christmas Day
For automated collection, all items must be inside Waste Management issued containers and each container must be placed a minimum of 3 feet away from any object. If one trash can is not enough, for a one-time fee you may purchase up to two additional cans for a total of three cans permitted per household. For an additional 96-gallon cart, the fee is a one-time charge of $100, a 64 gallon is a one-time charge of $85 and a 32 gallon is a one-time charge of $75. You may also purchase up to two additional 64 gallon recycling cans for a one-time charge of $85.
Bulk collection is once a month on the first Thursday of the first full week of the month (includes a Monday). One qualifying bulk item will be picked up on that day. Please see the Holiday / Bulk / Yard Waste Calendar for monthly collection dates. Bulk items include:
- Furniture including a chair, table, armoire, cabinet, chest, headboard, sofa, mattress, dresser or interior door
- Household appliances including a washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, toilet, refrigerator (freon must be removed), microwave, hot water tank, etc.
- Carpeting (must be cut into 4-foot sections and tied)
- Picnic table or bench (unattached), basketball board, pool (6' or less in height, swing set (unassembled), etc.
If additional bulk items need collected there will be a charge for their collection. The collection and payment for the charge will be arranged through Waste Management. Contact them at 1-800-451-3060.
There will be no changes to the items that may be placed in the Township recycling stream including glass. The Township will also continue to offer the glass recycling bin in the municipal parking lot.
The will be no change to the House Hold Hazardous Waste and Recycling program.
There will be no change to Waste Management’s yard waste collection program.
Please click on any of the links below for more information on Waste Disposal:
- O'Hara Township Solid Waste Storage, Collection and Disposal Code -
- O'Hara Township Recycling and Leaf Waste Code - Chapter 380 Solid Waste Article II - Recycling
Residential Trash, Bulk Item and Recycling collection for O'Hara Township is provided by Waste Management, Inc. You can reach them directly by calling 800-458-4090. Residential trash and recycling collection is once a week on Thursday. Bulk Collection is Thursday of the first full week of each month. All trash, bulk items and recycling should be on the curb by 6 am on Thursday.
Township Recycling Guidelines - Residential
- How to Recycle
- When to Recycle
- What to Recycle
- Electronic Recycling
- How Do I Dispose of . . .?
- Yard Waste Collection
- Trash / Recycling / Hazardous Waste FAQ
- "At Your Door" Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Township Recycling Guidelines - Business