The Township will be offering the 2021 Spring Brush Collection service beginning Monday, April 12 and ending Friday, April 23. Requests for brush collection service will be accepted until 4:30 pm on Friday, April 23. Requests for collection will not be accepted after after that time, however, collection will continue until brush is collected from all residents who have called in requests. Brush will not be collected from homes not on the list.
Residents should call 412-784-1784, ext. 203 to request collection and be prepared to leave their name, address and telephone number. Requests are for one pick-up only and all brush must be prepared according to the Township's regular Brush Collection Regulations.
Township Brush Collection Regulations
- Limbs and brush must be placed along the curb within 4 feet of the street, but not in the street.
- Limbs 4 inches or less in diameter may not exceed 8 feet in length. Limbs 4 to 6 inches in diameter may not exceed 4 feet in length.
- Limbs/logs larger than 6 inches in diameter will not be picked-up.
- Hedges, vines, shrubs and other brush must be separated from tree limbs and securely tied in bundles not to exceed 16 inches in diameter.
- All root balls or dirt must removed. Brush with root balls or dirt attached will not be picked-up.
- Residents are reminded that this is not a tree removal service. Each property is limited to one truckload of brush equal to about six cubic yards.
- Wood chips may be available upon request by calling Loren Kephart, 412-784-1784, ext. 206.
A notice will be left at homes where the brush is not properly prepared for collection. The notice will explain why the brush was not collected and give a phone number to call for further information.
In advance, thank you for your cooperation.